Last Modified: March 2020
3. Accessing the Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Foundation, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you agree to be bound by our end user license agreement for such applications.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from this site.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- Access, or use, for any commercial purposes, any part of the Website or any services or materials available through the Website.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out in this section, please address your request to: email@example.com
5. E-mail Correspondence
The Foundation name, the Foundation logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Foundation or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Foundation. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
7. Prohibited Uses
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Foundation, a Foundation employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using E-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Foundation or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
8. Copyright Infringement
The Foundation, in appropriate circumstances, may remove from the Website information that might infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on its Website or on sites to which the Website links, you must provide the Foundation’s Copyright Agent with notice, including substantially the following:
- For each alleged infringement that you wish to have removed, please provide the exact URL for the page containing the Material.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you – an E-mail address and/or telephone number is preferred.
- For images, provide the following to substantiate your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing image:
- Proof of copyright in the image concerned, namely proof of copyright registration of the Image, or, absent such registration, a detailed description of the image – where it was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, and evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright. We may not comply with requests to remove an image if you cannot prove that you own the copyright in the image in question.
- Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Sign the document and mail it to the Foundation’s Copyright Agent at the following address:
416 Higuera Street San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your notice may not be valid and we will have no obligation to respond or acknowledge receipt of your notice. Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our Website infringes your copyrights.
THE COPYRIGHT AGENT SHOULD BE CONTACTED ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR WORK HAS BEEN USED OR COPIED IN A WAY THAT CONSTITUTES COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND SUCH INFRINGEMENT IS OCCURRING ON THE WEBSITE OR ON SITES LINKED TO FROM THE WEB SITE. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO THE COPYRIGHT AGENT WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE.
9. Image and Video
We may display images, audio, and video (the “Material”) on the Website from time to time. The types of Material Users are authorized to access on the Site includes Material commissioned by the Foundation, embedded Material, Material we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, Material from photographic archive and video vendors, and Material supplied to our staff or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes.
10. Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Foundation, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Foundation. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
11. Changes to the Website
We may update the content on this Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
12. Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
13. Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
14. Links to the Website and Social Media Features
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part, without our express written consent.
This Website may provide certain social media features that enable you to:
- Link from your own or certain third-party websites to certain content on this Website.
- Send E-mails or other communications with certain content, or links to certain content, on this Website.
- Cause limited portions of content on this Website to be displayed or appear to be displayed on your own or certain third-party websites.
You may use these features solely as we provide them, and solely with respect to the content they are displayed with. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking.
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage.
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to stop. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice at our discretion.
In accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Foundation may discontinue or change the Services, or their availability to you, immediately, in its sole discretion, at any time without cause. The Foundation may terminate this Agreement and your access to and use of the Services, or any portion thereof, immediately, in its sole discretion, at any time without cause.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that your use of the Services is at your sole risk. THE SERVICES AND THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE LINDAMOOD-BELL FOUNDATION’S WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, RESULT OR OUTCOME. ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT MIGHT BE OTHERWISE IMPLIED IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY THE LINDAMOOD-BELL FOUNDATION AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDERS.
ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE SUCH AS LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
17. Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE FOUNDATION, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
18. Limitation of Claims
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
22. Waiver and Severability
23. Entire Agreement
24. Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by the Lindamood-Bell Foundation, Inc.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.